Making Val Pusteria climate-fit!
Climate change is increasingly impacting daily life and economics! Storms and mudslides are causing more damages, harvest is more at risk, effort for snow guarantee is increasing, several functions of the forests are lost and health is exposed to new risks. At the same time the costs for the consumption of energy and resources are rising significantly.
To ensure quality of life and economic power in Val Pusteria in the long term, both influenced by the climate change, the Regional Management LAG Pustertal has founded in 2022 the Climate Competence Center.
The „Climate Competence Center“ is the central point of contact and support unit for all questions related to:
- the effective and useful climate protection,
- the proactive climate change adaption and
- the capture of opportunities offered by adaption to and mitigation of climate change.
Our current services for the municipalities of Val Pusteria:
- management of the Climate and Energy Model Region Val Pusteria (promoter: district community Val Pusteria)
- support for the planning and realization of projects and initiatives related to climate protection and to climate change adaption, also including the search for funding
- assistance to theme-based information and sensitization activities
- networking of local actors and establishing cooperation with institutions operating in the fields of science, formation and in other theme-based areas
- exchange with other model regions
T +39 0474 43 10 20
M +39 380 7854456
tuesday - thursday
Image by Freepik